Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sugar


I just realized I never introduced Sugar!!
Sugar is my new horse!! She's three years old, and is a registered Paint. Her registered name is Custom Sugar Bitz. Her daddy is Cutom Imprint, a halter horse. I'm forgetting her mom's name at the moment, but I'll get back to you on that!! She's bred for halter for sure, but she was never trained, conditioned, or fed for it.

I'm not normally a fan of paints, and in fact I never, ever planned on owning one. But I was horseless, and Sugar was there. The lady that owns the barn where Sugar lives asked me to exercise her because she had to put Sugar up for sale. They hated to do it, but they were in between a rock and a hard place. So, I actually bought another horse (that ended up being unsound, and untrained and ultimately sent back to it's former owner) in the meantime, and started exercising Sugar. Sugar had sixty days of professional training on her, and was then pretty much turned out to enjoy life.
As I hung out with Sugar, she picked things up and wandered around with the un-spookiness of a fifteen year old trail pony. I rode her all over the farm. She sold herself to me, and I knew I had to have her. I worked out a payment plan and a price on a horse that I never could have afforded otherwise.
Then I decided I wanted to learn some Dressage and that it would do Sugar some good to learn it. I put her back into real work, something she hadn't experienced for at least six months.
I know all of Sugar's history, and i love it. The lady that owns the barn where we keep the horses(and my old horse Annie lived here as well) won Sugar in a raffle when she was six months old. She's with me for life and I can't wait to see what this will bring. My blog will now shift to our training escapades and my life with Sugar. I think of Pride every day and I hope that Sugar and I have a bond that will come close to what Pride and I had so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment